25 Least Favourite Footballers

Here are my 25 least favourite footballers of all time. I challenge anyone to find a more 'orrible lot. Very scientific method used for this list

1. John Terry
Captain. Leader. Legend. Carry on the list as you see appropriate ...
2. Sinisa Mihajlovic
Nasty piece of work on and off pitch
3. Roy Keane
My least favourite footballing cliche is "Man Utd have struggled to ever find a replacement for Keano ..." you mean when they were winning three straight premier leagues, reaching three champions league finals pretty much as soon as he left. Real struggle. Keane was a very good footballer but he's the most over-rated there is in terms of aura. Teams don't need a Roy Keane.
4. Diego Costa
Obviously
5. Luis Suarez
Obviously
6. Barry Silkman
Better known as an agent, known for saying horrible self-justificatory things on Sky Sports News, but was also a journeyman player, so makes my list
7. Pepe
Keeps on outdoing himself in major games ...
8. Paolo Di Canio
Oh but act of sportsmanship, ethics, such a flair player. Pah! Ghastly
9. Duncan Ferguson
Big Dunc, cult hero. I hate how some violent players become cult hero ...
10. Vinnie Jones
Like so ...
11. John Fashanu
I challenge anyone not to watch this documentary, and not put aside the slightly comical notions you had about Fashanu and find him utterly terrifying.
12. Filippo Inzaghi
Such a goal hanger Seems a bit unfair, but i just used to hate him. He was off side all game, but figured it was worth it to pick up the odd goal where the linesman didn't notice.
13. Diego Simeone
Obviously
14. Jody Morris
Even crap players can make my list
15. Diego Maradona
Along with Ben Johnson, he stole my generation's innocence
16. Steffan Effenberg
When I visualize him, I just see this very angry face
17. Lorenzo Amoruso
Used to hate Rangers in the late 90s when I was up in Scotland. Amoruso had it all.
18. Frank LeBoeuf
Bit unfair, just used to hate his column in the Times when Chelsea were still debonair under-achievers - "ooh, here an I at a party on the King's Road, then strutting around elegantly for 80 minutes before i do a horrendous fuck-up because i'm nowhere near as good as i think i am ..."
19. Ryan Shawcross
Lovely guy off the pitch, they say ... well, stop hurting people so much
20. Gennaro Gattuso
A lifetime of dogged cuntiness
21. Marcelo
I've always hated Marcelo, but i've finally conceded he is pretty good
22. Dani Alves
Likewise. I mean, i used to hate him a lot, he's still on the list but i hate him a lot less now
23. Steven Taylor
Hatred's a strong word for football's most comical simulator, but there we go
24. Steven Gerrard
I can't not include him. It's not personal. He just wasn't as good as everyone says, and I find that annoying
25. Nani
Just always looked to me like he'd make a great Bond henchman ...

Comments